Have an account?

Sunday, May 24, 2009

scoliosis?

So I had my series of lower back pains, upper back pains, shoulder pains, and neck pains. It's been two years since I had my back examined and the ortho said I have a mild scoliosis. Not really surprised since scoliosis runs in the family. And mild plays to the angle of just 10 degrees, or less. Not really worth a serious therapy. Doc just told me to have a regular exercise regimen, or at least stretch out by playing badminton or swimming.

And so after two years, my back started to become a problem again. So I had a thoracolumbar X-ray just to clear out everything. And the result says...


FINDINGS:
The thoracic and encompassed lumbar spine exhibit lateral convexities as follow:

LEVEL Convexity towards Degrees
T1-T7 left 14 degrees
T7-T12 right 7 degrees
T12-L3 left 7 degrees

The vertebral bodies exhibit normal height and no apparent listhesis.
The disc spaces are maintained normal
The visualized pedicles and posterior spinal elements appear unmarred.

IMPRESSION:
Thoracolumbar levo-dextro-levoscoliosis as described.


Uhmmm...doktora? HELP! hehe

0 comments: