Have an account?

Thursday, May 29, 2008

bad luck comes in 3's

I've talked to an office colleague just this morning and asked her if she believes that bad luck comes in three's. She said NO! Hell NO! Ako oo! And it just happened to me in just a span of 24 hours...

  • STRIKE 1: 2pm yesterday, a meeting was set to discuss a conjoint study. I thought I came loaded and ready. Well, I thought wrong. Nasigawan lang naman ako infront of my junior teammate, a friend from a different department, and a high-ranking co-worker from another division. Sobrang sama talaga ng pakiramdam ko after. Okay, maybe exaggerated yung sigaw, pero definitely the pitch was way above normal. Not to mention the walk-out. I just wished I've defended myself. That I really needed time to study the new software. That I was informed of the project pushing through a week after we received the actual software. That I was really trying hard, ALONE, to read the more than 600-page manual, and at the same time practising it in my laptop. That I've been staying late at Starbucks every night, including weekends, just so I can really pour my thoughts on this study. That I wasn't really confident with Conjoint and I badly needed assistance. But then I was left there seated, staring blankly at my laptop screen. Actually fighting the urge for a tear to drop. Not now, not infront of my colleagues. I really hate conjoint. Now, I am really not looking forward to my evaluation on Monday. But then again, I have to prepare a copy of the big R! My big R!
  • STRIKE 2: It's the third straight week that i chose to attend mass at St. Jude during the 7-8am mass. Para hindi ako nagmamadali after office. Besides medyo malayo ang Mendiola sa Ortigas. But kanina I woke up late, around 6am, took my shower in 5 minutes and left. I opted to take a cab since I don't wanna be late for mass. This asshole taxi driver was full of adrenaline that he thought he was in a racetrack, Racing against another cab driver. Then BAAAGGG!!!! We crashed into a jeepney which has stopped just infront of us. Good thing was hindi naman ako nasaktan. Kungdi, sasaktan ko din si manong driver. I was about to accompany them to the nearest police station since irereklamo ko din sya na kaskasero sya and sya may kasalanan pero I chose not to since late na talaga ako. I just hope he learned his lesson. And I'm pretty sure now that he would after the damage to his cab. Tsk tsk.
  • STRIKE 3: During the mass, wisshhhh wishhhh. Putek umuulan. And the bad thing was, wala akong payong! Kahit jacket wala! Ayun, I was stranded inside the church. And I have a meeting ng 9am. Galing talaga. Nung ambon na lang, I decided to leave. Kaso nung malapit na ko sa labas ng Mendiola gate ng MalacaƱang, umulan na naman. And this time mas malakas pa. I'm soaking wet, and wala pang taxi! So nung humina na ulit I decided to pass by CEU since may shed yung walkway nila unlike sa San Beda. Haha, ayos! Nakapark na kotse ng kapatid ko sa harap ng school. So I called her and borrowed an umbrella, since may extra sya sa kotse. Seems hindi pa talaga ako minamalas. Then, sumikat na ang araw. Saya!

0 comments: