Have an account?

Friday, March 26, 2010

the day Octagon swayed

Okay! I admit it. I'm not the right person you would want to be with during emergencies such as fire, storm, or EARTHQUAKE! I tend to panic a lot, my knees shake, and sometimes I cry. LOL

So when OMM shook and Octagon danced (as what my colleague described), my logical reaction was to panic. The earthquake that shook Manila and heavily damaged Baguio and Cabanatuan in 1990 is still vivid in my memory. So whenever there's an earthquake, I really get scared. Ok...scared a lot.

After lunch today, I was really dizzy. My head ached a lot that I needed to just take a nap. Around 1:30 I took the liberty to wake up and face my monitor, just surfing twitter and facebook. Anything that would let me forget that my head actually aches and I've already taken my meds. But after just 5 minutes (I think), I really got dizzy. I got a bit scared coz I thought the floor just moved or something. Then my officemates started saying lumilindol. And that was it. I panicked real hard. Especially when Yan pointed to the direction of Octagon (building beside ours which blocks my line of sight towards Podium) and we clearly saw it moving. And I panicked harder. I was asking them to go down. Ok, I was pleading for them to get out of the building. Too bad they weren't like me and didn't panic so they just stayed in their cubicles. And funny thing was, while panicking, I made it sure that my iPhone was with me. LOL. I even went to the place of Mega B looking for people who would actually go down to the ground floor. I just needed someone to accompany me in case I get dizzy climbing down the steps. 21 floors isn't a joke especially if you're not 100% fit LOL.

So after several minutes, I got my calm back. Everyone actually got back to work except me. I needed something to get my head out of the quake that just happened. And Stat agreed that we all needed ice cream. And the rest was history.

0 comments: