Have an account?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

farewell message 2005

Not everyone knows that PSRC is my 1st and 3rd job. Yes, I resigned last 2005. And no, I don't wanna talk about my 2nd job. LOL. Anyways, when I read this message from the powerpoint presentation that Stat provided me before I left, I can't help but smile. This was written by the very person I really look up to, my first mentor, and my idol (in handling clients na makulit at demanding LOL). And I don't know why Susan forwarded me the very email just today...after almost 5 years. And while reading it, I still can't help but smile...

Dear Caloi, 

Allow me to say a few words as you say goodbye to PSRC. 

First, allow me to recall your interview day. I am aware that I had thrown a barrage of tough questions towards you that day but you certainly handled yourself well and have obviously left a good enough impression for me to have chosen you. I am proud to say that I have made a fine choice in you as you have proven yourself up to all the tasks we had to do in our section. 

Secondly, I thank you. I thank you not only for the consistent and efficient support you have extended me when I was at PSRC but I thank you for having extended the same support to Irene when I left. In a way I was worried for Irene when I left not because I doubted she could handle all the work demand but I was worried that there would be new people coming in and you would have to assume some sort of a right hand support to Irene to train the new people in our section. Given that work in our section has some highly unusual peaks, I was just glad to have heard from Irene how helpful both you and Mitch have been. 

Thirdly, I wonder. I wonder becuase I have consistently heard from Reg when I was there how raucous (is that too negative a term) or playful you could be. I wonder why we haven't seen that side of you when I was there. I wouldn't have banned you for that anyway. 

Fourthly, again, I thank you. I thank you because I know how attractive you had been to the project teams ( I obviously make very fine choices!) yet you have not hastily deserted Irene nor me when some glazy offer was stealthily dangled your way. Thank you. 

Fifthly, again, I wonder. I wonder what has happened to your pair of yellow rubber shoes. Do you still have them with you? 

Lastly, I wish you well. I wish you well and I wish you all the best as you move on. I hope you find rewarding what you're set next to do. 

Good luck Caloi! 

Rico Namay
Statistical Methods 
Statistics New Zealand,Wellington
Ph: (+644) 9314177

1 comments:

Chel said...

at talagang ginamitan mo talaga ng statistics. haha