Have an account?

Monday, May 10, 2010

05.10.10

I woke up late on election day! Opened my eyes around 9am and by instinct opened up my TV. I was surprised seeing the news of long lines in the precincts. So I decided to go down and tell my ate that we needed to vote early. Lo and behold, they left me already! Grrr! And when I called her up, it was true. For the first time in my voting history, I will have to line up for hours. Hindi kakayanin ata ng convincing power ko ang makisingit today LOL.

Thank God I have patience this morning. If not, I would have decided to just let go of my right. Was prepared for battle with my fan, book, and Gatorade. Fortunately may nakausap din ako sa linya. Mrs. Doroin, SJA teacher, was behind me. I just can't believe that I waited in line for more than an hour and just spent 5 minutes for the actual voting process. For the love of my country...

So after 5 minutes or so, I got indelible ink in my right index finger. Masaya ako. Masaya ako kasi I know in my own little way I've contributed to change. Sana lang magbunga ang aking pagboto. Sa mga di pa nakakaboto...

VOTE INTELLIGENTLY!

0 comments: