Have an account?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

run for hope - the aftermath

The Run for Hope was held last September 12 (Sunday) at the AFP Grounds of the Camp Aguinaldo. Organized by Rai and Sol Mata, ardent supporters of big boy Jon Angelo. Even if less than a hundred attended, the event was still a success. It held to its objective of creating awareness towards big boy's condition and what we can do to ease whatever he's experiencing.


Through this fun run, we were able to solidify our commitments to big boy and his Breathe Hope campaign. I decided to take the 5k run (since most of those who chose the 3K were girls haha). It was really tiring. For a minute there I would have borrowed big boy's oxygen tanks coz I really had a hard time breathing. So what I did was I ran the 2k and walked the 3k. Honestly, I did more walk than run. Need to practice more for the second edition of the Run For Hope come October 9. I finished the race in 48 minutes. If and only if I decide to run again, I will make sure that I'll beat this 48 minutes. Maybe shed off a couple of minutes to my time clock. LOL

Tet delivering her emotional speech:


And the winners:


Happy family despite all the lows. Hold on a little bit more JoniTet. In His time everything will be okay. Big boy will recover. And we will be there to witness it.

0 comments: