Have an account?

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Runner In Me

Who would have thought that I'd be running an official race anytime soon. Not me! But yes, I registered for Adidas KOTR this coming October 23. Not because I enjoy running. Not really. With my weak lungs and endurance, I'd rather stay seated. I don't even like walking! Would rather ride than walk from office to Megamall! I only registered because of this!!!


I'm not after the time, I just wanted to finish the race with a decent time!

For weeks I've been checking on my time at the threadmill. How much time do I take to finish 1K? 2K? 2.5K? With that I just estimate the time if I'll be doing 5K. 


But last night I opted to take it to the next level and  run 5K at the UP Acad Oval. The oval stretches 2.2K so I need to make 2 rounds and about a third to get that 5K.


And my only target, to finish under 30 minutes. IMHO that's quite decent for a first time runner for an official race. The first that I joined was the fundraising Run For Hope for my Big Boy Jon Angelo. I clocked in above 40 minutes then coz I basically walked half the 5K stretch. But last night, I ran! Ok I walked for about 5 minutes in total coz I felt that I was losing my breath. But for the remaining part, I really pushed myself hard. And my time??!


Damn! 31 seconds out of my target. Should have walked 4 minutes then I could have broken in the 30 minute bracket. Anyways, let's see on October 23 if I can achieve my personal goal. And I'm excited to have that medal around my neck!

0 comments: