Have an account?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

not another new year resolution

I find humor in making resolutions. Not that I don't believe in them. It's just that no matter how I tried, I break them after a few months. So here I am again, 6 days late. Better late than never. Sana lang tumagal to ng 2 months haha.
  • MAGTIPID. Ilang years ko nang resolution to and yet I keep on breaking this. Kaya ako nabaon sa utang. But this year, kung meron man akong pipiliting matupad, ito yun. So less gadgets, less Starbucks, less gimiks. Damn! Hirap ata nun!
  • FAMILY. Syempre family pa rin. We're down now. But I promised my cousin when she came home from the States, na ipaglalaban ko Dad ko. And I'll hold that promise. No matter what, that other woman can't have him nor his money.
  • FAITH. Find ways to attend mass and novena at St. Jude every Thursday. Overtimes are not excused. May mass naman sa umaga eh. Sana lang magising ako ng maaga. Seriously, I don't consider this as a sacrifice. So long as I have faith, I will continue.
  • HEALTH. Sabi ko dati maggygym na ako last year. And yet wala pa rin. Tamad talaga. I bought weights pero hindi ko pa nagagamit. This year, sana magamit ko na yun. Para lumaki na maskels ko whehe. So exercise, more water intake, more sleep, and less everything else.
  • WORK. Find a better one if under-appreciation continues. So no promotion during the first two months, pack up na. LOL! Seriously, I like this job. I like what I'm doing, well except conjoint. I like MOST of the people. Dati I like the people, ngayon most na lang hehe. And I know I will like the new office. So for heaven's sake, know our worth, before it gets too late...

If you'll look back circa 2007, yan din ata yung resolutions ko. Well, yan naman kasi yung kelangan ng utmost attention. Sana lang this year eh seryosohin ko na. They say that New Year is the perfect day to look back and reflect. To assess yourself, your strengths and weaknesses. Ano ba yung kelangang gawin at kelangang baguhin. But please, let's not limit ourselves to change only during the first day of the year. Let's continue to make resolutions and act on them whole year round. Change should not start at the start of the year. Everyday, we should open for change, if that's the only way for us to be a better person.

Cheers 2009!

0 comments: