Have an account?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

tagaytay zipline

Last Saturday, I was fortunate to be back to Tagaytay. There were no real plans of going up not until Friday night. And so we went.

By Saturday morning, I texted a couple of friends to ask where we could take a ride going to Tagaytay. Yeah I know the terminal in Taft and in Pasay. But I needed one that would pass by SLEX. I've been wanting to stopover to Paseo de Sta Rosa for two reasons. One, I haven't visited Starbucks there yet. Just another branch to add to my collection. And two, Nike Park outlet store. So we took a van in Buendia Taft that fortunately passed SLEX. And by the sight of Paseo de Sta Rosa an hour after...I shouted "PARA"! All excitedly.

There weren't a lot really in that particular outlet store. Mas madami pa yung asa Libis. But at least I tried. Been wanting to buy a bag for the longest time (two months na since I bought a new one, LOL). After having my usual frappe dose in Starbucks, we started to feel the problem. No van or bus passes by Paseo de Sta. Rosa going to Tagaytay. There were jeeps but at that point we were told na sasabit na kami since malayo din yung terminal and punuan sya. So we took a tryk going to Balibago which was on the opposite side of SLEX! It was like a 30 minute ride. Then at Balibago terminal we took a jeep going to Tagaytay market, another hour ride. So there goes our morning. We reached Tagaytay before 2pm...starving.

After we had lunch at Carlo's Pizza, we headed to Picnic Grove. For the lack of idea of new places to go to Tagaytay! If I were to decide, I could just spent the time over at the newly renovated Starbucks Tagaytay. But I didn't want to spoil the trip so we went on. Dami pa rin tao kahit off-season. And what was new was the cable cars and zip lines installed. And I had no plans of trying. Pucha bangin yung babagsakan ko pag nagkataon. So I settled watching the people zipping through the ravines. And having a scare when one zip got stacked in the middle until rescued by a guy from the other side...by hand.


the zip line


the cable car


one guy zippin'


To sum it all up, our travel time took longer that the time we stayed at Tagaytay. There will always be a next time though. Hopefully, the Pagudpud trip pushes through!

Ooohhh. Thanks! Katas ng Timezone! Damn I'm working on to get that gold card! 3500 to go. LOL

0 comments: